3/4 cup onion, diced
2 pounds ground meat, meat loaf mix (ground pork, beef and veal)
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup mustard, Dijon adds a nice bite
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
Salt and pepper, to taste *
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until evenly combined. Mix it up with your hands, get a little dirty, it's all good.
- When we salt and pepper says to taste in this case, we do not mean you should taste this raw meat mixture. That instruction just means add as much salt and pepper as you'd like. A good sprinkle of each should do it.
- You can make one large loaf or two small loafs from your mixture. Either way place your loaf/ loaves onto a baking sheet. Place in the preheated oven for 1 hour for 1 large loaf. If you are going for 2 smaller loaves, reduce cooking time to about 45 minutes.
- For an easy glaze you can top the loaf/ loaves with barbecue sauce or ketchup half way through cooking.