Sloppy Joe Biscuit CasseroleFlaky biscuits top this family-friendly ground beef casserole
Hands On:20 | Total: 30 | Makes: 6 servings (1/6th casserole each)
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pound ground round beef (85% lean)
- 1-1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 3/4 cup frozen chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1 can (15 oz each) Manwich® Original Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 1 can (15 oz each) Van Camp's® Pork and Beans
- 1 pkg (7.5 oz each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough (10 small biscuits)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook and stir beef in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until crumbled and no longer pink; drain. Add all frozen vegetables. Cover; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until thawed. Stir in remaining ingredients, except dough. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil, stirring occasionally. Pour into baking dish.
- Meanwhile, remove biscuit dough from package. Cut each biscuit in half crosswise. Place cut side down over hot mixture around edge of baking dish, overlapping slightly.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown.
Nutritional Information:6 servings (1/6th casserole each) Calories 353; Total Fat 10 g(Saturated Fat 3 g); Cholesterol 46 mg; Sodium 1028 mg; Carbohydrate 46 g; (Dietary Fiber 7 g, Sugars 13 g); Protein 22 g; Percent Daily Values*: Vitamin A 9%; Vitamin C 17%; Calcium 4%; Iron 20%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.